Fellowship In Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
Dr. Ashish Mittal
Program Training Director
M.S. (ORTH), MCH (ORTH), MRCS (UK)
Diploma in Sports & exercise Medicine (London)
Shoulder Fellowship (Cape town, SA)
Honorary Consultant to Raj. Cricket Association
& Raj. Athletics Association
The mission of the Royal Orthopaedic and Sports Injury Center Fellowship is to prepare fellows to be outstanding clinicians and surgeons, dedicated researchers, skilled educators, and effective ethical leaders in the field of orthopaedic sports medicine.
Focused will be placed on the development of diagnostic skills in treating knee, shoulder, ankle, and other sports injuries. These skills include:
- Arthroscopic and open intervention
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of the physiology of the human performance as it relates to training
- Prevention and rehabilitation
- Daily management of athletic injury
- Development of knowledge of the scientific basis of injury mechanisms, treatment and prevention
Offers exposure to all areas of sports medicine, including knee, shoulder, elbow, and ankle surgery as well as hip arthroscopy. The fellow will be within the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. The responsibilities will involve a close relationship with all the attending in the sports clinic as well as in the operating room. . Exposure to arthroscopic sports medicine procedures as well as open reconstructive procedures of the knee, shoulder, ankle, hip and elbow comprise the operative experience. Operative time is available both in the outpatient and inpatient settings. One day a week as allotted for research. Research opportunities exist in biomechanics, stem cell and tissue engineering, radiology and clinical outcomes.
The satisfactory completion of the clinical experience requires the following:
1. Outpatient office experience: Fellows will be expected to outpatient department with Dr. Ashish, visits that the attending has scheduled, which average two to three times weekly. Fellows will be responsible for evaluating both new and returning patients, performing comprehensive physical examinations, ordering and interpreting appropriate radiographic tests, and providing a well-organized and thorough patient assessment and plan. The assessment and plan, in addition to the history and physical examination fellows will gather, will be discussed with the attending contemporaneously with the patient’s visit. The examination with the fellow, by the attending, will further facilitate the fellow’s education.
2. Surgical experience: Fellows will rotate with their assigned attending approximately two to three times weekly for surgical cases. Fellows will receive increasing responsibility under direct supervision in the operating room with fellowship faculty. The comprehensive experience will be gained at the conclusion of rotating with each of the attending.
3. Outstation Camp: Fellows will be assigned 4 to 6 outstation camps in a month
Who Can Apply: Minimum qualification is MS (orthopaedics) or D ortho.
How Can I Apply: Write a mail to email@example.com. With your resume
Fellowship Fee: Rs. 40,000, or $575
Number of fellows: 3
Certificate of Completion: Fellow will be rewarded with a fellowship certificate on successful completion of fellowship.
Advantage of Fellowship with us: Fellow will be directly working under Dr. Ashish Mittal, which provides him the opportunity to learn effective management of sports injury.